We are excited to announce the competition for the 2018 SWASAP Scholarship for College Students. The deadline is October 1, 2018, so it is important to distribute this to your students as soon as possible.
The Application is Easy to Submit: From the Student to the Recommenders
- Students access the application at the following link, https://swasaptrio.awardspring.com/. There is a link for them to register with an email and create a password. They can start the application anytime and complete it on their own time.
- Recommendations are handled through the software. Students enter email addresses, and the recommenders will be contacted with an online submission.
This Will Be Our Fastest Award Notification Turnaround For Collegiate
- We’ve work to make the process completely on-line, accessible, and easy for your students use.
- Application deadline: October 1, 2018
- Review Period: October 8-12, 2018
- Notifications will go out: October 15- November 30, 2018
We Increased the Value of Awards
- There will be 7 awards
- 1 Ronnie Brooks award (top award) will be $1,000
- 6 remaining awards will be $750
Important Info on the Selection Process
- The awards will be evaluated by a committee of volunteer members of SWASAP
- No application submitted after October 1, 2018 will be considered
- One recommender must be an active member of SWASAP
- SWASAP membership will be verified before the review process, and applications that do not have an eligible recommender will not be reviewed
- Notifications will be made no later than November 30, 2018, and we will work with the serving institution to promote the student’s award
Use the language below to announce the award to your students.
Dear College Students,
We invite you to apply for one of six $750 scholarships awarded to eligible TRIO students in Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Texas, and Oklahoma. The deadline is October 1, 2018, and the application is easy to submit. Simply visit the following site , https://swasaptrio.awardspring.com/ and register with an email address. From there, you can start and stop the application on your own time.
The application is simple and includes:
- Some basic contact information
- An uploaded resume
- An essay answering the following question: “How has TRIO helped you become your best self to competitively pursue your educational goals?” Please include information regarding your history with TRIO and how you plan to utilize the information and experience you’ve gained through TRIO to further your future educational endeavors.: Essays will be scored for both content and quality (grammar, mechanics, etc).
- 2 Recommendations: 1 from a TRIO staff (Someone from Educational Opportunity Center, Ronald McNair, Student Support Services, Veterans Upward Bound) and one from another source. All you need to do is provide their email address, and we will take care of the recommendation request and submission.
We will notify the winners no later than November 30, 2018
Questions can be directed to the scholarship committee at email@example.com